Our company‘s roots go back to one of the great pioneers of aviation in the early 20th century: Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin.
The steerable airships he built heralded a new era of mobility. They transported people and loads across continents with unprecedented
ease. One of the milestones in Zeppelin‘s history was the 21-day circumnavigation of the world in August 1929, which also marked the
first non-stop flight over the Pacific Ocean.
Count Zeppelin and his designers, including people such as Dornier and Maybach, made the Lake Constance region into a powerhouse
of technological progress.
Companies such as MTU and ZF have originated therefrom and also the know-how in the processing of aluminum was used from the
construction of the airships. The production of light metal cabins and containers for transportation, as well as protection of goods and
people, was the spark that inspired today‘s shelter systems.
In 1999, the Shelter Division became independent under the company name ZEPPELIN MOBILE SYSTEME GmbH. With its independence
and its new location, only 10 km from the old company headquarters, the connection to the Lake Constance region, with more than 100
years of Zeppelin history, is evident - and the pioneering spirit of Count von Zeppelin lives on.
Its belief in fulfilling visionary ideas and its perseverance when it comes to implementing them guide us on our way to the future.